This is music you more than hear—this is music you feel!
The American Music Festival is a bold, five-day festival of innovative concerts and artistic happenings across Troy, NY. Experience thrilling new works by living American composers and cross-genre artists.
Witness for yourself how the Albany Symphony and Grammy-winning Maestro David Alan Miller are reshaping the nation’s musical future!
American Music Festival Resident Ensembles
Inspired by the bicentennial of the great Erie Canal and the power of waterways to connect and inspire people across the land, highlights of this year’s Water Music Festival includes:
- Five days of concerts, recitals, interactive experiences, special events, and artistic happenings across Troy including performances by the renowned Albany Symphony and their raucous, progressive Dogs of Desire ensemble.
- More than 30 new and recent works by 24 American composers, including 14 stunning world premieres.
- Experiencing Troy as a unique cultural destination through performances at the legendary Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, the Tiffany glass adorned St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, and the state-of-the-art Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center (EMPAC.)
- Exploring the intimate relationship between music, technology, humankind’s deep dependence on water, and Troy’s rich heritage as a canal community.
The 2017 American Music Festival Pass is your passport to explore every Festival event, including open rehearsals and special events.
Purchase your Festival Pass Today for just $75. Offer expires March 31st.
SPECIAL HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- This Land Sings: A Tribute To Woodie Gutherie by Michael Daugherty
- WaterMusicNY: A preview of seven world premieres by young American composers celebrating the Bicentennial of the Erie Canal and the canal communities throughout New York State.
- A world premiere performance by composer Viet Cuong. Commissioned by GE Renewable Energy, Cuong's newest work is inspired by the transcendent power of the wind, water, and sun.
FESTIVAL CONCERTS & eVENTS