Albany, New York
David Alan Miller, Music Director
Announces Vacancies for the
2016 - 2017 Season:
Auditions September 17 in Albany, NY
Per service orchestra,
Subscription series currently $106.25/service for base scale
Repertoire and information: Excerpts and venue information will be available by July 1 on www.albanysymphony.com
Qualified applicants should send a one-page resume and $50.00 deposit, to be received by August15th (returned at the audition or destroyed if cancellation is made by September 10)
to: Susan Libby, Personnel Manager
Albany Symphony Orchestra
26 Dover Drive
Delmar, NY 12054
Audition times will be assigned after August 15th and ONLY if resume is accompanied by a deposit check.
NO PHONE CALLS
Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Executive Director
Purpose of Position
To plan, implement, and manage development activities of the Albany Symphony Orchestra Inc. by engaging the community in the mission of the Albany Symphony and generating revenue to support organizational projects and programs.
● Direct development planning, including the strategy, implementation and execution of activities to increase revenue and ensure community support through value and cash transactions. These activities include, but are not limited to: major gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants, planned giving, campaigns, galas and special events, in-kind contributions and endowment funding initiatives.
● Collaborate with consultants to develop fundraising plans.
● Manage volunteers to successfully implement special events.
● Develop and manage revenue driving collateral, including case for support.
● Participate in the budget planning process and implementation of strategic initiatives for the Development Department.
● Develop and manage event and campaign budgets to ensure successful achievement of annual goals.
● Create, implement, and lead organizational stewardship plan including policies and protocols for Development Department.
● Steward Board of Directors and current donors, and engage and cultivate new volunteers and supporters to grow donor portfolio.
● Supervise Development Staff and provide oversight to activities and performance.
● Oversee database management to ensure accuracy of donor profiles, records, and reporting.
● Attend community events to support external relations and build supporter portfolio and business partnerships.
● Attend Albany Symphony events.
● Participate in organizational strategic planning.
● Support Board Development Committees to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and planning of successful fundraising activities.
● Develop reporting mechanisms through technology to ensure effective data management
● Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years in increasingly responsible position, including supervisory role and management. Symphonic or arts & entertainment industry experience preferred, but not required.
Skills: Computer literate with Microsoft Office and donor database software, excellent writing, analytical, and research skills, ability to meet aggressive goals in a fast paced environment, excellent time management skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive salary for nonprofit director-level position offered, as well as health and dental insurance, voluntary participation in 403(b)retirement program, and parking benefits. Ten (10) vacation days are offered per year, as well as eight (8) sick days and three (3) personal days. National holidays are observed as days off.
Submissions, including cover letter, résumé and references, should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Target start date: July 18, 2016. Submission deadline: June 30, 2016.