Education and Community Engagement Coordinator
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience working in an educational institution, arts organization or other related field. Must be an impeccably organized self-starter, with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates should exhibit excellent writing skill; experience with grant writing or other fundraising is a major plus.
The Education & Community Outreach Coordinator works with the Operations & Programming Manager, as well as the General Manager and Music Director, to implement and execute a robust series of education-based and community-building programs for the Albany Symphony. He/She will manage and advance the programs that are currently offered, and will work to develop diverse new educational and community outreach programming for the future. The Education & Community Outreach Coordinator will take a leadership role in securing funding through grants, individual gifts and sponsorships to support the organization’s ability to continue and expand relevant programming. The Education & Community Outreach Coordinator reports to the Operations & Programming Manager. Some nights and weekends are required around concerts and events. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Educational & Community Programming Responsibilities:
- To maintain and advance the slate of education programs currently offered by the Albany Symphony, including concert-based and scholastic programs.
- Research, plan and implement new education-based activities, ensuring that the Albany Symphony remains on the cutting edge of the industry in terms of educational programming, and that best industry practices are followed in terms of program development.
- Act as the principal Albany Symphony contact for all private and public educational institutions in the region, arranging school visits by the Music Director and musicians to promote educational programming, as well as creating new relationships with teachers and school administrators to enhance and expand scholastic-based programs.
- Maintain master calendar for all education-based activities. Communicate schedule and deadlines to Operations & Programming Manager, Personnel Manager and administrative staff to advance details ahead of concerts & events.
- Manage and enhance adult-oriented education programs including pre-concert lectures and other special community-building events. Develop unique new methods to engage new participants in Symphony programming.
- Work with other cultural organizations in the Region to explore shared educational & community programming both in schools and throughout the greater community.
- Oversee and comply with budgets for education-based and community programs.
Operational Responsibilities (in collaboration with Operations & Programming Manager):
- Arrange venues for all educational programs, including halls for concert-based education activities.
- Advance production elements and coordinate artists for all education-based concert activities, including Sunday Symphonies, Tiny Tots & holiday programming.
- Attend and oversee all performances and rehearsals for education-based concert programming; facilitate all necessary stage changes, as needed.
- Coordinate the transportation of all equipment needed for off-site education programming, managing set-up and tear-down for each event.
- Assist with additional operations-based tasks on concerts and events beyond those related to education programs.
- Execute grant applications in support of education-based programs. Research new grant opportunities and develop relationships with granting organizations to facilitate growth.
- Collaborate with development staff to facilitate individual gifts and corporate sponsorships related to educational programming. Ensure that fund-raising staff are made thoroughly aware of education programming, particularly newly created programs and programs in development.
- Execute final reports and progress reports related to education-based grants.
- Ensure that the organization adheres to corporate sponsorship contract guidelines for applicable education-based programs.
- Maintain impeccable records and schedules pertaining to all education-based grants and sponsorships. Provide regular reports for board and management as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive full-time salary offered, as well as health and dental insurance, voluntary participation in 403(b)retirement program, and parking benefits. Ten (10) vacation days are offered per year, as well as eight (8) sick days and three (3) personal days. National holidays are observed as days off.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, and Writing Sample to –
Derek Smith, Operations and Programming Manager
SYMPHONY TICKET AGENT
Reports to: Marketing & Patron Services Manager
The Albany Symphony, located in New York’s Capital Region, is seeking qualified and experienced ticket agents who are committed to the highest standards of customer service. The Albany Symphony is one of this region’s most revered music and cultural institutions. Through brilliant live performances, innovative educational programs and a commitment to creating, recording, and disseminating the music of our time, the Albany Symphony enriches the community and engages patrons from the Capital Region, Hudson Valley, the North Country, and Western New England.
As a member of the patron relationship team, ticket agents will provide critical patron support to the box office during Albany Symphony sponsored performances. This is a part-time, seasonal position. Candidates should be available to work all Albany Symphony performances at the Palace Theatre. Additional hours may be available during the week as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Box Office & Patron Services Support: Work as part of the Patron Services Team to provide superior customer service by phone and in person at the Albany Symphony Box Office. Sell tickets and subscriptions at each Albany Symphony sponsored concert, collecting and maintaining patron data during sales transactions for effective communication and relationship development. Assist the Box Office & Patron Services Coordinator with the distribution and handling of Will Call tickets and complimentary tickets to donors, sponsors, and special guests.
Must be available to work 4pm to 8PM on the following dates:
- Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Saturday, November 18, 2017
- Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Saturday, May 19, 2018
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of customer relations/ box office experience is necessary
- Experience using Ticketmaster, Theatre Manager and advanced ticketing systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think quickly and solve problems creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with people at all levels across a diverse patron base.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the arts, specifically orchestral music
Compensation: $12-$13 per hour based on experience. This is a part-time, non-exempt position, seasonal position. Minimum 4 hour shift per concert.
Contact: To apply for this position, please submit resume via email to Justin Cook, Marketing & Patron Services Manager at JustinC@AlbanySymphony.com. No calls please.
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
The Albany Symphony is one of the region's most revered arts and cultural institutions. At the heart of the Albany Symphony are the patrons and volunteers who donate their time to advance the legacy of the Albany Symphony.
The Albany Symphony is currently seeking volunteers to serve in the following capacity.
- Concert Greeters
- Special Event Volunteers
- Albany Symphony Ambassadors
- American Music Festival Ushers
- Musician Hospitality Volunteers
- Musician Housing Volunteers
The Albany Symphony welcomes students enrolled and high school or college to explore internships with the Albany Symphony.
Interns are invited to work alongside industry professionals in the following areas:
- Fundraising & Development
- Marketing & Communications
- Artistic Operations
- Patron Services
For information about internships and volunteer opportunities please contact Justin Cook, Marketing & Patron Services Manager at 518.694.3300 x141.