BOX OFFICE & PATRON SERVICES COORDINATOR
Reports to: Marketing & Patron Services Manager
The Albany Symphony, located in New York's Capital Region, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Box Office & Patron Services Coordinator.
The Albany Symphony is one of this region's most revered music and cultural institutions. Through brilliant live performances, innovative educational programs and a commitment to creating, recording, and disseminating the music of our time, the Albany Symphony enriches the community and engages over 150,000 patrons each year.
As a member of the patron services team, the Box Office & Patron Services Coordinator is the “Face of the Symphony” to the general public and passionately supports the artistic legacy of the Albany Symphony. The Albany Symphony offers staff a competitive salary, health and retirement benefits, as well as paid time off. This particular position does requires occasional evening and weekend hours. Must attend all performances and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Patron Services and Audience Development:
• Provide superior customer service by phone, in person, and by fulfillment of online sales. Provide walk-in reception at the Albany Symphony office and serve as the first point of contact with patrons at all concerts.
• Work with the Marketing & Patron Services Manager to develop and maintain customer service policies.
• Collect and maintain patron data and lists for effective communication and relationship development.
• Provide partnering venues with all information necessary to provide prompt and professional customer service to patrons.
• Provide helpful information, including suggestions for events, performances, price options, parking options, driving directions, restaurant recommendations, access for patrons with disabilities and any other patron services provided by the Albany Symphony.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of and relationship with Albany Symphony VIPs including Board members, Conductor's Circle members, donors, and subscribers.
Ticketing and Transactions:
• Manage day-to-day operations of ticketing and subscription sales, and any other
patron transaction including (but not limited to) donations.
• Work with the Marketing & Patron Services Manager to establish single ticket and
subscription strategies and help implement campaigns to expand the orchestra’s
• Oversee ticket inventory, up-sell appropriate packages, services, and events.
• Work with Marketing & Patron Services Manager to manage and maximize revenue and properly fill the house.
• Generate accurate daily financial reports and seating records.
• Build and maintain performances and patron accounts on advanced ticketing systems.
• Manage special ticketing needs as well as discounts and promotions, and provide assistance to patrons looking to purchase tickets online.
• Maintain all ticketing processes to maximize efficiency and ensure accounting
compliance and accountability.
• Assist the Marketing & Patron Services Manager with the development and implementation of strategies to maximize sales of tickets to groups such as corporations, schools, churches and business associations.
• Fulfill group sales orders, collect patron data, and provide ongoing customer support.
Front of House:
• Coordinate Front of House and manage the setup and sales of all tickets and subscriptions at all concerts and events, in conjunction with the venues.
• Work with Albany Symphony and theatre staff on walk-up sales, will call ticket pick up, and the resolution of any seating and ticketing issues.
• Must attend all performances and events.
• Provide necessary administrative support to the Marketing & Patron Services Manager, including preparation and distribution of sales and ticketing reports.
• Ensure the fulfillment of house seats, comps, and trade requests.
• Assist in the maintenance of the database to ensure effective direct mail and e-mail marketing campaigns. Maintain historical and archival data on sales and subscription numbers. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelors degree preferred with 2-3 years of customer relations experience is necessary
• Previous ticketing experience preferable
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Ticketmaster and Theatre Manager preferable
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with people at all levels across
a diverse patron base.
• Ability to think quickly and solve problems creatively
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledgeable and passionate about the arts, specifically orchestral music.
Compensation: To be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package includes health and dental insurance.
Contact: To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter via email to Justin Cook, Marketing & Patron Services Manager at JustinC@AlbanySymphony.com by November 10, 2016. No calls please.